Board of Revenue, Sindh
The Board of Revenue is the successor of the West Pakistan BOR. It was originally constituted under the provisions of West Pakistan Board of Revenue Act 1957, which on dissolution of one Unit in 1970 became the Board of Revenue, Sindh. The Board of Revenue is the Controlling authority in all matters connected with the administration of Revenue collection including land taxes, land revenue, preparation of land record and other matters relating thereto. The board is the custodian of the rights of the land holders and is the highest Revenue court in the province with Appellate/Revisional Jurisdiction against orders of subordinate revenue officers/courts including EDOs (Revenue) and Collectors. All Revenue Courts are subject to the general superintendence and Control of the Board of Revenue.
"THE BOARD OF REVENUE ITSELF IS SUBJECT TO THE ADMINISTRATIVE CONTROL OF THE PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT."
- To establish Land Revenue Assessment and Recovery offices efficient enough to make proper assessment and recoveries of land based revenue
- To establish land Survey & Records offices and to provide necessary surveying services to common man
- To utilize public land in the best interest of people of Pakistan
- To make proper legislation & establish necessary offices for property registration
- To provide necessary mechanism for correcting records through judicial process
- To provide ownership rights of the villages
- To provide relief services in case of national calamities
- To establish an organization for maintaining proper cadaster of public and private lands in Sindh province and provide efficient public services in administration of general as well as land revenue.
- To increase access to land records at lower transaction costs for the beneficiaries, through a client-responsive service and increased level of tenure security of land-rights holders.