Computerization of Land Record of Sindh -
Land Administration & Revenue Management Information System (LARMIS)
Reforms Wing & Special Cell, Board of Revenue, Sindh has been entrusted with the execution of four (04) IT schemes relating to computerization of land records in Sindh, budgetary allocation, utilization and major targets for each are given in Annual Development Program of BOR (Please refer www.fdsindh.gov.pk)
(I) COMPUTERIZATION & ESTABLISHMENT OF LAND ADMINISTRATION & REVENUE MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM (LARMIS)
- Computerized land record facility for provision of scanned record of mutations since October 2010 has been initiated from District Facilitation Service Center Hyderabad, Jamshoro & Tando Mohammad Khan. The facility of provision of record of mutations will be extended to 08 other Districts of the Province by June 30th 2015.
- Total land revenue record of the Province consists of 5979 Dehs. Out of this, record of 5680 Dehs has been computerized of which record of 3600 Dehs was supplied to District Administration for verification with the original record. Only 1200 Dehs have yet been verified by the Districts and remaining is in progress.
- After completion of the verification process, process of validation of record through inviting objections from the landowners will be undertaken in pursuance of directions of the Honorable Chief Minister Sindh to make the computerized land records error free.
- First ever Tier III Data Center has been established at Revenue House, Clifton, Karachi to house computerized land records of the Province. A Disaster Recovery Center has also been established at Directorate of Settlement Survey & Land Records, Hyderabad to provide backup support in case of unfortunate incident at Data Center at Karachi.
- Construction of 11 Facilitation Service Centers have been completed including furniture & fixtures while 03 of these have also been equipped with necessary hardware & equipment which are now functional. Remaining 08 Centers are being equipped with hardware & equipment which will be functionalized too by June 30th 2015.
(II) DEVELOPMENT OF GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION SYSTEM (GIS):
- Fully functional G.I.S lab has also been established with required technical manpower, hardware and software capabilities;
- Digital District and Deh maps for all 5979 Dehs of the Province have been developed.
- Digital Survey number maps of 4000 out of 5979 Dehs has further been completed while progress on remaining 1979 Digital maps is also under way.
- The digital maps are being integrated with the computerized land records
- The GIS Section has been equipped with the capability of identifying changes in occupancy on state land through GIS Imagery in Karachi Division upto survey number level. With the assistance of this resource, unauthorized occupancy on about 60,000 acres of state land in Karachi Division has been identified in pursuance of orders of the Honorable Supreme Court of Pakistan in Suo Moto Case Case No. 16/11;
- The high resolution satellite imagery has also been procured for district Hyderabad, Thatta, Badin, Tando Allhayar & Shaheed Benazirabad for Geo Referencing and digitization of old revenue maps upto survey number level.